Last month the Ford Fiesta ECOnetic won the title of the most fuel efficient vehicle in Australia at the Global Green Challenge when it returned an average fuel consumption of 3.1L/100km … a consumption rate that meant that it used less than 100 litres for the trip from Darwin to Adelaide.
On the run from Alice Springs to Coober Pedy the Fiesta ECOnetic did even better with a consumption figure of 2.9L/100km.
For the entire trip the ECOnetic’s emission rating was just 84.47 grams per kilometre.
Next month the Ford Fiesta ECOnetic hits the showrooms but what can we expect in such a car? For a sub-compact it comes with a very credible list of features.
- 1.6 litre Common Rail diesel engine with a Diesel Particulate Filter
- 5 speed manual transmission
- Driver and passenger airbags and a driver’s knee airbag as well as side head and thorax airbags
- Dynamic Stability Control with emergency brake assist and traction control
- ABS and electronic brakeforce distribution
- Bluetooth with voice control
- USB input
- Green shift indicator
- Cruise control
And the only option is the paint scheme.
Image courtesy of Ford